Podcast “guesting” (being a guest on other podcasts) may be the fastest way to grow your podcast, as discussed in episode 16. But there’s an art to being an amazing guest to deliver value to their audience while driving new listeners back to your podcast.
Today, Mark Deal of Podcast Guest Academy is back with practical tips and strategies to help you be an amazing podcast guest.
Learn more about Podcast Guest Academy here.
Notes from Kent:
In episode 16 we explained that podcast “guesting” is the new guest blogging. When you’re a guest on another podcast, that is a powerful opportunity to connect with a new audience and drive listeners back to your podcast. But there’s an art to being an amazing guest. Your skill as an interviewee will determine your success in growing your podcast through guesting.
So how can you be a high impact podcast guest? Here are a few of the tips we reveal in this episode:
- Focus on serving the audience you’re speaking to.
- Try to avoid run-on answers. Don’t speak too long without drawing in the host.
- While keeping your answers short, go into enough detail to paint a vivid mental picture.
- Use tools like stories, metaphors, and quotes.
- Don’t be afraid to break “the fourth wall.”
- Be prepared for open-ended requests like “tell me about yourself” that can kill an interview out of the gate.
Quote of the Day:
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” — Albert Einstein